If you’re looking for a fitness band that is simple, accurate, and doesn’t have a screen, then you’ll want to check out the best activity trackers without screens. These bands are made with premium sensors that measure almost everything, making them some of the most accurate fitness bands on the market. Not to mention, they are also very durable and power-efficient!
This time we have come up with fresh content about exciting stuff – Activity Trackers without a screen. These simple yet elegant pieces of tech are much more accurate, durable, and power-efficient than your flashy smartwatches. So, if you are looking for insanely accurate fitness bands, you are at the sweet spot!
Activity Trackers without screens have the comfort and space to lodge premium sensors in them and this is what makes them popular. They measure almost everything and feel like nothing.
Here we go! This guide will get you acquainted with the leading activity trackers in the market without screens.
Best Activity Trackers without Screens:
Here is the list of top wearable blood Sugar/Glucose Monitoring devices available in the current market:
Moov Now-3D Fitness tracker and Audio training coach
When it comes to activity trackers without screens, Moov Now is probably the most popular gadget in the market. Do not underestimate it for missing the screen. A highly sophisticated activity tracker can further act as your personal coach. It is capable of doing kinds of stuff that Apple Watch and Fitbit smart bands with screens cannot do.
Features of Moov Now – 3D
- The most impressive thing about Moov Now is the sensor it carries. Omni Motion Sensor is a highly advanced 9-axis sensor (a proprietary of Moov) capable of capturing and analyzing your motion in 3D.
- It is the same technology that has been used for guiding missiles. Omni Motion Sensor uses three times the sensors provided in other fitness trackers. This increases the accuracy of the device to many folds.
- Excellent Motion tracking that can track all the aspects of your exercises and activities.
- Tracks cadence, pace, impact, distance, height, and range of motion distance when you run or walk
- While cycling, it tracks cadence, speed, elevation, and the distance covered
- Recognizes four strokes, lap and stroke counts, stroke rate, distance covered per stroke, rest time, turn time, and SWOLF while swimming
- During cardio boxing, it tracks velocity, power, duration, timing, technique
- If you do bodyweight training, it tracks progress, rep count, exercise pace, and range of motion
- There are many additional features like High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) tracking, choreographed workouts, instructional videos, and road, and route mapping.
- Generates data on heart rate, calorie count, and sleep analysis and sends the information to your smartphone
- Capable of counting your reps of exercises for workouts that are over 7 minutes
- Bluetooth Connectivity is available for wireless data sync with the Moov app.
- Realtime coaching for activities like running, walking, and swimming with audio and video instructions.
- Water and dust resistance along with six months of battery life
Specifications for Moov Now
Colors Available – Fusion Red, Stealth Black, Blizzard White, and Aqua Blue
Battery life – 6 Months
Compatible smartphones – List
Pros of Moov Now – 3D
- Works with both Android and iOS smartphones
- Advanced tracking sensors
- Affordable price
- Minimalistic yet aesthetic designs
- Battery life of 6 months
- The coaching app is great
Cons of Moov Now – 3D
- A compatible smartphone is a must
- Users have complained about slow data syncing
- Some find it fiddly to put on
Whoop Strap 4.0
Whoop Strap 4.0 is another cutting-edge activity-tracking fitness band without a screen. It tracks everything and feels like nothing on the hand. A minimalist approach doesn’t bother you with any distractions of screens and notifications but tracks and collects data about your bodily functions 24/7.
Features of Whoop Strap 4.0
- Whoop Strap 4.0 has been upgraded from its predecessor, Whoop Strap 3.0, with a smaller form factor and a much more innovative design.
- With Whoop 4.0, you get all-new biometric tracking and health monitoring which includes the recording of skin temperature, blood oxygen, heart rate, and other vital statistics of the body
- It is so comfortable to wear that you can wear it non-stop, thanks to the superKnit bands.
- Whoop 4.0 is flexible enough to be worn in the Whoop Body sensor-enhanced technical apparel
- The haptic alarm feature in Whoop Strap 4.0 wakes you up with gentle vibrations at optimal times based on your need by analyzing your sleep cycles
- Though Whoop 4.0 is small, it boasts highly advanced hardware technology. It houses a robust sensor suite that is more than capable of keeping up with your everyday activities
- Features the on-the-go charging and Bluetooth capabilities for wireless data transfer making it more seamless
- There are 5 LEDs and four photodiodes present as sensors to capture your data about your activities with immense accuracy.
- Three Green, One Red, and One Infrared for heart rate, SpO2, and skin temperature
- Whoop Strap 4.0 is IP68 Certified which renders it dustproof and water-resistant up to 10 meters for 2 hours
- The battery pack on Whoop Strap 4.0 is dustproof and water-resistant up to 1 meter for 2 hours
- Whoop 4.0 is one of the most advanced fitness trackers and one of the most fashionable ones. There are countless color combinations and customization options.
- You can customize the Whoop Band, Hook, Clasp, and Fast Link Slider using the Whoop Your Way feature on the website
- You can also purchase SuperKnit Luxe Bands that come with precious metal plating
Specifications for Whoop Strap 4.0
Colors Available – Multiple (customizable)
Battery Life – 4 to 5 days
Compatible phones: iOS and Most Androids
Pros of Whoop Strap 4.0
- One of the best sleep-tracking fitness bands on the market
- Dedicated sensors for heart rate and SpO2 measurement
- Smaller and lighter than its previous generation
- Fashionable and customizable
- Compatible with Whoop Body
Cons of Whoop Strap 4.0
- It comes with a monthly subscription plan
- Absence of GPS
Note: The band is free, but the user needs to have a Whoop Subscription to use it, which costs $30 per month. The annual charge is $324, and the half-yearly plan costs $288, making it a little cheaper
Amazon halo is another great activity tracker in this list that has a simple design but packs a ton of sophisticated features compared to other activity trackers in the market. What makes it more tempting is the affordability. To get the most out of Amazon Halo, you also need to have Amazon Halo Membership.
Features of Amazon Halo
- With Amazon Halo activity tracker and Membership combined, you will have access to tons of premium workout regimes, meditation plans, sleep tracking, and nutrition support.
- Amazon Halo analyzes body fat percentage, a more reliable indicator of overall health than weight or BMI.
- Amazon Halo, along with the Membership, creates a 3D model of your body using the camera on your phone to track your progress over time.
- Amazon Halo further tracks active and sedentary time periods, the intensity of your activities, and movements.
- You will have access to a detailed analysis of your sleep patterns with information like how often you wake up at night and when your body is in a deep sleep.
- Tone analysis is another attractive feature of Amazon Halo. This feature is designed to make you aware of how you sound to others
- Quantitative measurement of your movement health and accordingly provide you with a customized and personalized plan to help you get a better score over time
- Amazon Halo takes sleep tracking to a whole different level with personalized insights and suggestions from experts to help you rest better
Specifications for Amazon Halo
Battery Life – 7 days (1-2 days with Tone analysis feature enabled)
Water Resistance – 5 ATM
Compatible – iOS and Android
Pros of Amazon Halo
- Almost weightless and feels like nothing on the wrist
- The companion app is excellent
- Ambitious features like Tone Analysis and advanced sleep tracking
- Customized workout and nutrition plans with Halo Membership
- Halo Membership unlocks fascinating features
- Affordable compared to other fitness trackers
Cons of Amazon Halo
- Some users find Tone Analysis creepy, and it drains the battery.
- 3D scans can be offensive to users who are sensitive about their body.
Fitbit Flex 2
You just cannot keep Fitbit away from a list that talks about activity trackers. Fitbit has its competent representative in the screenless segment of activity trackers and the form of Fitbit Flex 2. At a glance, Fitbit Flex 2 is funky, attractive, and minimalistic. It, too, tracks all of your activities and vital stats efficiently and accurately.
Features of Fitbit Flex 2
- Fitbit Flex 2 records step counts, distance, calories burned, sedentary periods, active periods, and hourly activity with all-day activity tracking.
- Fitbit Flex 2 tracks your sleep quality automatically and wakes you up gently with a silent alarm
- Multiple LED displays that indicate various features. An LED light starts flashing when
- Blue LED for call
- Purple for texts and notifications
- Reminders to move
- To let you know how close you are to your daily personal goals
- Fitbit Flex 2 is capable of automatically recognizing selected activities and logging them in the exercise category of the Fitbit app with the proprietary SmartTrack feature
- Automatic reminders to move so that you can achieve hourly goals of 250 steps
- Water resistance up to 50 meters depth allows it to track swimming automatically, and you can see your swimming workout summary in the Fitbit app later
- Five days battery life even after continuous tracking of all of your movements
- The stats and records are logged and synced wirelessly to over 200+ devices (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Cool accessories are available to go with Fitbit Flex 2 if you are into trends and the latest fashions
Specifications for Fitbit Flex 2.0
Colors Available – Black, Lavender, Magenta, Navy
Battery Life – 5 days
Compatible with: iOS, Android, and Windows devices
Pros of Fitbit Flex 2
- Accurate and automatic activity tracking
- Slim, stylish, and lightweight
Cons of Fitbit Flex 2
- When worn as a pendant, it can track only a fewer activities
- With Android devices, the call and text notifications could be glitchy at times
Biostrap EVO is a new, unique activity tracker without a screen and offers advanced trademark sensors. This promising wristband is ready for roughness due to its silicon body, which is robust and water-resistant. This Biostrap can be a game-changer in your training, performance, and general well-being when used optimally.
Features of Biostrap EVO
- Biostrap EVO is getting all the hype it deserves due to its signature biosensor called EVO.
- EVO sensors can record biometrics at insane accuracy, which is close to clinical grade. This includes monitoring your sleep cycle with deep insights.
- Biostrap deploys pulse oximetry using Red and Infrared lights to capture the SpO2 readings of the users
- The users can monitor their biometrics during sleep which can help them to quantify their lifestyle
- Pedantic analysis of your sleep cycles, including sleep efficiency, sleep stages, duration of sleep, latency, and awakenings
- Tracks snoring levels with Biostrap sleep lab along with arm and leg movements during sleep
- Detailed biometrics include heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, variability of heart rate, and breathing rate
- An IP68 rating makes it both water and dust resistant
Specifications for Biostrap EVO
Colors available – Black, Navy, and White
Battery life – 2.5 days
Compatible with – iOS and Android devices
Storage – 8 MB Flash storage
Pros of Biostrap EVO
- Wireless chagrin feature
- Incredibly accurate with in-depth data and insights
- Automatic recognition of activities
- Biostrap is waterproof and splash-proof
Cons of Biostrap EVO
- Active heart rate monitoring is missing
- The price can be an issue
- Reading sensitivity is relatively high, making it discard readings even with the slightest movement while measuring
- Syncing is comparatively slow
- You can purchase it from the Biostrap website only
Why would you need an activity tracker with no screen?
Screens on smartwatches are expensive, and they take a lot of cost factors when it comes to the pricing of smartwatches. This compels the manufacturers to cut corners in the sensor segment and activity tracking.
Without a screen, the activity trackers can be equipped with high-grade sensors and algorithms that can track and monitor activities along with vital bodily functions accurately with clinical precision. This is one of the most compelling reasons for one to have an activity tracker without a screen. Other reasons can be:
- Activity trackers without screens offer a minimal distraction to the user, and the user can solely focus on the activity rather than worrying about metrics
- Activity trackers are minimalistic yet sophisticated, which makes them more fetching
- Can be helpful if you are into digital detoxification
- These small pieces of tech are much more affordable than big-screen clumsy smartwatches
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Is Whoop Strap completely free?
While the Whoop Strap activity tracker is apparently free, you cannot have it without having a Whoop membership or subscription. The cost of the Membership is $30 per month. So there is an indirect cost to the Whoop Strap, and it is not entirely free of charge.
Does Apple offer an Apple Watch version without a screen?
The straight answer is no! Apple Watch is famous for its screen-based interface. It is one of the most successful smartwatches on the market capable of tracking activities and functioning as a smartphone together. This makes it unique. You can see all the recordings and trends right on your Apple Watch rather than using your phone every time with screenless fitness bands.
Is there a fitness tracker that doesn’t require a smartphone?
Almost all modern-day fitness trackers can be used without having a smartphone in person all the time. But since they have limited memory, you will need to sync the data with the corresponding app on your smartphone to see bigger pictures like trends and history. On the other hand, smartwatches come with massive memory, and they can function independently without a smartwatch for an extended period.