Smartwatches are the new norm these days! This simply relates to the level of awareness people around the world have attained regarding health and well-being.
When it comes to purchasing a smartwatch, the features are not the only things that matter. The size and overall comfort to wear the smartwatch all day long are equally important. This is particularly the case for people with small and thin wrists, especially women.
In this post, we provide you with ten best-in-class smartwatches that are designed for people with thin and small wrists. All of these smartwatches are unique in their own ways and pack a great many features that will simply leave you in awe.
Which smartwatch is best for a thin wrist?
It might be a struggle to wear a normal-sized watch for some people with thin and petite wrists. While doing the training sessions, using a bulky and loose smartwatch can be distracting and troublesome. So, it is important to find a suitable smartwatch that sits on your small wrist perfectly without making you notice it is there.
Here are a few factors that you can consider while choosing a smartwatch if you have a thin and abnormally small wrist.
1. Dial Size and Thickness
If you have a wrist size that is small compared to the generic sizes, the case diameter of the watch should be the foremost thing you should take into consideration.
Make sure, there is a small-sized option available for the smartwatch you want to purchase. 38 mm or 40 mm dial should work if you have a small wrist. For Apple Smartwatches, you can go up to 42 mm in size.
Also, look for a slimmer dial that is not bulky on your wrist. This will make the smartwatch lightweight and comfortable to wear.
2. Strap Width
Branded smartwatch manufacturers keep dial size and strap width in proportion. For instance, if the dial size is 40 mm the strap width should be around 20 mm. This is a general norm and not a strict guideline. Still, you can look for a good strap width that can accommodate your wrist perfectly.
Which type of watch suits a thin-wrist female?
Females or Women, in general, have thin or small wrists compared to their counterparts. This makes it difficult for them to carry on with the usual big dial feature-packed smartwatches available in the market. Women will have to make an extra effort to find the watch that suits them.
Here are a few factors that Women need to consider while buying a smartwatch that is ideal for their small wrist size-
- Small and slim dial size
- Thin and comfortable strap
- The strap material should be hypoallergenic as female skin are more sensitive and prone to infections
- A trendy design won’t hurt as Women are more into fashion
Top 9 smartwatches for small wrists and women in 2022
1. Garmin Lily (The best smartwatch for Women and petite wrists)
Garmin Lily looks beautiful with a stylish patterned lens that lights up to reveal a rich and bright display. This is recommended for women who want a lightweight and fashionable smartwatch with all the awesome features at their disposal.
Features: Garmin Lily
- Stylish and trendy with classic Italian calf leather that is versatile enough to match every style of yours
- Looks gorgeous with skin-friendly straps made out of hypoallergenic silicone. The strap provides great comfort.
- All-day health tracking with heart rate monitoring, blood oxygen level measurements, respiratory rates, and other vital stats
- The flagship sleep tracking from Garmin provides in-depth insights about your sleep pattern and stages
- Designs and features are conceptualized specifically for women. Menstrual cycle tracking along with tips and advice makes it more of a complete smartwatch
- Body Battery level, step goals, pregnancy stages, and other events are summed up every day into a morning report
- Activity tracking is present to monitor yoga, jogging, biking, and other sports
- Five days of battery life
Things I like about Garmin Lily
- Beautiful and trendy design
- Great battery life
- SpO2 measurement and effective sleep tracking
- The app is great to go with it
Things I do not like about Garmin Lily
- No Built-in GPS thus relies on the phone’s GPS
- No music storage feature
- The OLED Display is missing
2. Garmin Forerunner 25 (Small size)
Here is a Garmin smartwatch that looks basic and lightweight but packs a punch when it comes to features and sensors. Garmin Forerunner looks like a small digital watch unlike other Garmin smartwatches but it can do much more things than just display time. It is a low-cost smartwatch with a simple black-and-white display and there is no touchscreen.
Features: Garmin Forerunner 25
- The GPS is very easy to use and it comes with smart notification features
- Forerunner 25 from Garmin can track pace, heart rate, calories, and distance efficiently
- With Garmin ConnectTM Mobile. You can instantly share your runs and progress of activity tracking with your family and friends
- Garmin Forerunner 25 reminds you when it is time to move
- The battery life is 8 hours for the small version with GPS on and without GPS it can go for 8 weeks on a single charge
- Forerunner 25 comes with training, planning, and analysis features like Auto Lap, Auto Pause, and activity history.
Things I like about Garmin Forerunner 25
- Simple and basic with functional GPS
- Long battery life
- Affordable price
Things I do not like about Garmin Forerunner 25
- Display quality is sub-par
- The Heart rate monitor is functional with an adapted chest strap only
3. APPLE WATCH SERIES 7 (41 mm Version)
The 41mm-sized version of the latest Apple Watch Series 7 is can be one of the best choices of smartwatches for people with small wrists and women. With all the features of its big brother, Apple Watch Series 7 is bigger, better, faster, and a lot more snappy than its predecessors.
Features: APPLE WATCH SERIES 7
- APPLE introduces its largest display yet of 396×484 pixels display
- The larger display enables each of us to use it efficiently and easily regardless of finger type.
- Through the system, buttons were redesigned to take advantage of the larger & bigger display. So while using apps like a calculator, stopwatch, and timer it is easier and smoother than ever.
- A brand new QWERTY keyboard introduced by Apple lets you tap or slide from letter to letter with a quick path. It uses machine learning to predict the word you are typing.
- Apple introduces the display with an always-on Retina display which means you do not need to raise your wrist or touch the screen to see the time or other information and complications on your watch face because the display is always on.
- OLED Display panel integrated with the touch sensor creates one unified component reducing display thickness and borders.
- It is dust resistant with IP6X certification
- Water-Resistant and swim-proof with WR50 technology (water-resistant to 50 meters).
- Apple Watch Seris 7 enables you to measure your blood and oxygen level with a revolutionary sensor.
- Take your Electrocardiography (ECG) and heart rate regardless of time and place.
- Apple Watch Series 7 allows you to track your mindfulness and sleep tracking to keep you healthful from the head to toe.
- While training, delight yourself with world-class melodies of your choice with Apple music and podcasts.
- Apple enables you to get access to millions of tracks of musical motivation riding on your wrist.
Things I like about Apple Watch Series 7 (41 mm Version)
- The multiple-timers feature is very effective.
- A larger display with a brighter screen is easy for the eye.
- The QWERTY keyboard enables you to type on the watch screen.
- Fast charging saves you time.
- Filled with a full range of fitness & smart features.
Things I do not like about Apple Watch Series 7
- Battery life lasted only for a day.
- There are only two face designs available for the watch face.
- Costly compared to other smartwatches in the market.
4. Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch from Nokia
Nokia (the nostalgia hits hard!) joins the list here with a simple yet elegant activity tracker called Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch which is just perfect for small and thin wrists. It is a basic and inexpensive hybrid smartwatch cum activity tracker that comes with amazing hardware and sensors. We can assume that the hardware is top-notch when the parent company is Nokia.
Features: Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch from Nokia
- Withings Move appears simple and classic on the outside but comes with an advanced activity tracker. There is no display screen for details. But, the third hand of the dial shows your activity directly.
- Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch tracks activities like sleeping, swimming, running, and walking seamlessly.
- It syncs all the data with the Health Mate app (available for free) so that you can see the trends of your stats and improve your lifestyle accordingly.
- The battery life of the Withings Move Hybrid is breathtaking. While the most efficient smart fitness bands can last a maximum of a week on a single charge, Withings Move can last up to 18 months with a single charge.
- Connected GPS allows multisport tracking with data like duration, distance, path map, and elevation.
- You can wear Withings Move to bed and it will start tracking your sleep cycles (light and deep sleep cycles) along with direction and sleep quality using the Sleep Score parameter.
- Since Withings Move can track your light and deep sleep cycles, it can automatically choose the best time to wake you up with a light vibration.
Things I like about Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch
- Free shipping and a 2-year warranty
- 18 months of insane battery life
- Simple and minimalistic display with great hidden features
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters in depth
- Pocket-friendly price
Things I do not like about Withings Move Hybrid Smartwatch
- The build material is of low quality
5. Fitbit Inspire 2
Fitbit Inspire 2 is more of a fitness tracker rather than a smartwatch that is suitable for small wrists and women because it is lightweight and comes with a small screen. It is a great alternative if you are looking for a fitness tracker that can be worn all day to track all of your activities and calories.
Features: Fitbit Inspire 2
- The battery on Fitbit Inspire 2 can last up to whopping 10 days.
- You will get a whole year of Fitbit Premium subscription which will provide you with guidance to reach your fitness goals
- It can be worn to track swimming as Fitbit Inspire 2 is water-resistant to 50 meters of depth
- Fitbit Inspire 2 comes with a Stress Management score to tackle your stress. It will consequently provide you with guided breathing sessions to relax and calm when you are stressed.
- Efficient Menstrual health tracking with features like log periods, symptoms recording, and tracking of ovulation periods. It also manages to discover patterns in your menstrual cycles.
- You can stay connected while you are on the move with alerts from your social media and rideshare apps.
- Daily readiness score based on your routine which will let you know if you are ready to workout or should just relax and focus on recovery
- Activity modes provide you with tracking of 20 exercises that are goal-based. Inspire 2 will automatically recognize the activity via the SmartTrack feature and record the session for you.
Things I like about Fitbit Inspire 2
- Inexpensive Fitbit smart band
- Great and comfortable for a small-sized wrist
- Battery life is good
Things I do not like about Fitbit Inspire 2
- Some features are missing in the price segment
6. GARMIN FORERUNNER 245
Here is a Garmin product that is suitable for people with small wrists, especially women. Garmin Forerunner 245 is a sporty-looking smartwatch that comes with tons of features.
Features GARMIN FORERUNNER 245
- Forerunner 245 is Garmin’s lightest and smallest full-featured running smartwatch.
- Forerunners 245 AI technology suggests your daily workout for training based on your current training status.
- Keep your eye on your progress on your daily workouts with easy-to-understand stats which also highlight the level of energy used to perform your tasks.
- Forerunner 245 built-in sports enable you to perform and analyze different sports events like running, swimming, cycling, triathlon, and many more. Switch sport to a single touch
- Forerunner 245 VO2 MAX is an indicator that predicts how you can perform.
- During running regardless of short or long run Forerunner analyzes the pace and heart rate variability.
- Easily, Compare your week-long training to the optimal range for your fitness.
- Forerunner 245 training status highlights your productivity and progress based on your week-long history.
- Forerunner 245 wrist-based heart rate features allow you to keep your eye on heart data hassle-free.
- Forerunner 245 enables you to access multiple global satellite systems such as (GPS, GLONASS, And Galileo).
- Forerunner 245 wrist-based sensor monitors blood oxygen saturation level to deliver you a clear view of how you are sleeping.
- Forerunner 245 allows you to track your body energy level which helps you to work accordingly.
- Forerunner 245 rewards you with a sleep score based on your quality of sleep.
- Women health tracking feature of Forerunner enables women to track their menstrual cycle or pregnancy easily by using the Garmin Connect- app.
- Enjoy your favorite melodies on your smartwatch and download up to 500 songs plus a playlist from your Spotify®.
- Forerunners 245 smart feature to pay your bills contactless through your watch by using Garmin pay.
- Battery life gets up to 1 week in smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music.
- If your watch senses that something bad happened then it shares your current location with your emergency contacts.
Things I like About Garmin Forerunner 245
- Great to use for athletes. The user interface is designed for sports enthusiasts.
- Forerunner 245 is an innovative smartwatch that empowers you to do a wide range of activities.
- VO2 Max indicator can give accurate readings that account for variables outside of your control.
- At a time with the Forerunner 245, you have access to multiple satellite maps.
Things I do not like about Garmin 245
- Battery performance is far weaker than other Garmin smartwatches.
- It is not compatible with any other apps.
7. AMAZFIT GTS 3
Amazefit GTS 3 is the latest and upgraded product of Amazefit. Its classic premium design with a light and thin aluminum body feels like nothing on the hand. GTS 3 comes in two color variants, the first one in infinite black and the second one in Brown leather. It is the Amazefit product that comes with a small dial, appropriate for small wrists.
Features: AMAZFIT GTS 3
- Ultra HD AMOLED Display, slim aluminum body with the standard premium design, and Navigation crown light.
- Brightness up to 1000 not with the screen size of 1.45″.
- GTS 3’s BioTracker(PPG 3.0 Biometric sensor)Enables you to monitor Blood oxygen level, heart rate, stress levels & sleep everything with a single tap with h PAI health assessment system.
- More than 150 built-in sports modes with smart recognition of 8 sports peak eats motion Algorithms and 5 satellite Navigation systems(GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS, and QZSS).
- Built-in online as well as offline voice assistant Alexa provides a better experience and enables you to live a hands-free lifestyle.
- 12 days battery life with typical usage, 6 days heavy usage, and 35 hours battery life while using GPS.
- Do not get bored playing music from music storage and playback.
- Answering phone calls through the watch with the help of Bluetooth.
- GTS 3 enables you to match your watch face with your outfit and mood.
- More than 150 stylish watch faces are available including 15 animated watch faces and 23 editable watch faces.
- A feature to upload your photos to the watch face is available.
- GTS 3 supports monitoring of breathing rate often wearable doesn’t support it.
- GTS 3 can monitor heart rate while swimming and also reminds you through notifications about abnormally slow and fast heart rates.
- It can monitor stress levels and female cycles.
- Truly water resistance with a grade of 5 ATM which enables you to swim in the pool and sea with no worry.
- Compete yourself with the help of a Virtual pacer while running which portrays an icon to represent your previously recorded runs.
- It comes with ZEPP OS technology to bring a smoother user interface.
- Set your to-do-list by syncing your calendar to the watch
Things I like about Amazefit GTS 3
- AMOLED display with a bigger screen with a brightness of 1000.
- Battery backup is quite good compared to other products in the market.
- Classical design
Things I do not like about Amazefit GTS 3
- Third-party apps do not support it.
- Lacking option of audio playback.
8. FITBIT SENSE
Fitbit sense is the brand new and most advanced health watch introduced by Fitbit. Assess you with scores on your daily readiness. Measures your health metric with innovative and smarter sensors. Fitbit sense comes in three color variants with silver stainless steel. The Fitbit Sense is small and lightweight, making it an optimal choice for people with small or thin wrists.
Features: FITBIT SENSE
- It measures your stress level and assesses you with scores to better understand how your body handles stress.
- An innovative EDA scan app enables you to detect electrodermal activity which represents your body’s reaction to stress with the help of a graph.
- A compatible and best-quality ECG app is available on your wrist and measures your heart for atrial fibrillation, a heart beats irregularity.
- It enables you to measure your skin temperature easily through the watch.
- Track the oxygen saturation in your blood with an SPO2 monitor which helps you know when there is a need to consult a doctor.
- Notify your low and high heart rates.
- Detects your snore while sleeping which may hamper your quality sleep.
- Detects women’s menstrual cycle.
- Built-in GPS to track your distance and time while running, walking, and doing physical work.
- It provides you with a complete outdoor exercise intensity map to know the level of energy consumed during workouts.
- The active zone minute facility notifies you after every minute by buzzing on your wrist.
- 20+ goal-based exercise modes are available.
- sense is water-resistant in water with a depth of 50m.
- Track your all-day activity through an activity tracker.
- Do not disturb mode is accessible through the watch.
- Alexa Voice assistance enables you to get done with setting alarms to control your device hassle-free.
- Always on display mode is available as well an option to turn it off is also there.
- Download multiple apps through the apps store on the watch according to your need.
- Find your phone while using Fitbit sense.
- Choose up to 100+ clock face on your device.
- Fitbit sense comes with 6 day-long battery life.
- Fast charging facility is effective while traveling.
- Fitbit sense comes with a new and soft infinity band which is flexible and lightweight.
- Track your every activity on Fitbit apps by just installing them on your device.
Things I like about the Fitbit Sense smartwatch
- It provides a detailed analysis of day-to-day work
- Display quality is quite good and easy on the eyes.
- Customized bands are available.
- Offers stress management tools.
- The find my phone feature is handy to use.
Things I do not like about the Fitbit Sense smartwatch
- ECG facility is available only in selected countries and not made to use by people less than 22 years old.
- The watch may become tricky to put on by yourself.
- The Display screen is not crack-resistant.
9. Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic (42 mm version)
Samsung introduces its Galaxy 4 Classic in two variants, one with Bluetooth mode (BT) and another with LTE mode with stainless steel. It comes in two different sizes 42mm and 46mm. In both 42mm and 46mm, two-color choices are available Black and silver. Galaxy 4 Classic possesses a decent and attractive design. The 42 mm version is ideal for women or people in general with small or thin wrists.
Features: Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic
- Samsung Galaxy 4 classic incorporates 2 key buttons side by side, the first is the home key and the second is the back key.
- It comes with Samsung BioActive sensor.
- The Dimensions of the 46mm Galaxy 4 classic are 45.5×45.5×11.0mm excluding the health sensor and the total weight is 52g without the strap.
- The Dimension of the 42mm watch is 41.5×41.5×11.2mm excluding the health sensor and the total weight is 47g without the strap.
- Circular Display with super AMOLED (450×450) colorful with an always-on screen with Gorilla Glass DX.
- In 42 mm super AMOLED with (396×396).
- The Rated battery capacity is 361mAh for 46mm and 247mAh for 42mm.
- The processor used is Exynos W920 Dual-core 1.18GHz responsible for a smoother user interface.
- Internal Memory of 16 GB and RAM of 1.5 GB is incorporated in Galaxy 4 Classic. (*Storage capacity may vary, depending on the country, color, and model)
- Connectivity like LTE/BT(anyone), wi-fi 802.11, NFC(Near field communication), GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/Beidou are available. Beidou is only available in certain regions.
- Answer a call via Samsung Galaxy 4 classic smartwatch with clear audio.
- Numerous sensors are used in Samsung Galaxy 4 classic like Accelerometer, barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Light sensor, Optical Heart rate sensor, electrical heart sensor, Bioelectrical impedance analysis sensor, and hall sensor.
- Compatible with Android 6.0 or higher Android version.
- Wireless fast charger.
Things I like about Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic smartwatch
- Best-quality OLED display with ultra-high resolution
- LTE and loudspeaker for a direct call.
- New wear OS powered by Samsung.
Things I do not like about Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic smartwatch
- No iOS support.
- The average battery backup is 1-2 days which is relatively poor
Now that you know well about the best smartwatches for a small wrist, you can purchase a suitable one for yourself or your loved ones. If the watch you prefer is not on this list, you can look if a smaller variant is available for that smartwatch. This is the safe way to go.