At present, there is no smartwatch available in the market that provides an official way to connect to two different phones simultaneously. Conventionally, you can join one smartphone to one smartwatch at a time. But, we love figuring out workarounds and unconventional ways to suit our needs. Let us explore if there are some workarounds available for such a process or not!
Can a Smartwatch connect to two Phones?
Before I unravel or answer this question, it is crucial to know and comprehend the need to connect a smartwatch to a phone. Your smartwatch on your wrist collects all the data and body-related pieces of information like step counts, calories burnt, heart rate, SpO2, etc. and sends them to your Phone so that you can see the bigger pictures like trends, insights, and detailed analysis via the respective app on your Phone.
Now, coming back to the question, No it is not officially possible or practical to connect a smartwatch to two different phones simultaneously as the manufacturers do not allow that. This is so for various reasons like privacy, the discretion of data, and the efficiency of data syncing and organization.
Even when composing this article, it was not a popular choice among smartwatch or phone companies.
Can an Apple Watch connect to two iPhones?
Apple Watch is one of the best smartwatches on the market, and its capabilities go beyond our imagination. Given all the features and sensors it has, a single Apple Watch cannot be connected to two different iPhones at a single time. So, if you were planning to do it, I am sorry, but it is impossible. There is no workable way around to do this either.
However, you can connect multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone at a time. If you take some time and analyze this, it is more practical as people might own two or more watches depending on their lifestyle. Some people have different Apple watches for workouts or sports and others for work and parties.
Here is how you can add multiple Apple watches to a single iPhone.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap on the “My Watch” tab on the Watch app
- Tap on your Watch and now tap on “Pair new Watch.”
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to pair the second Apple Watch
- Tap on Set up for me
- When asked, position your iPhone so that the viewfinder in the Apple Watch app finds the Apple watch. This will pair the two devices
- Tap on Setting up Apple Watch and then follow the instructions on your iPhone to finish the process as you did for your first Watch.
Can the Samsung Galaxy Watch connect to two phones?
Samsung is probably the leader in the smartwatch market regarding Android smartwatches. It has four popular and highly-performing smartwatches.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Samsung Galaxy Active
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 (latest)
All of these smartwatches from Samsung are loaded with cutting-edge sensors and features.
However, you still cannot connect a single Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch to two different phones at a single time. If you wish to connect a different smartphone to your Samsung Galaxy watch, you will have to reset your Samsung Galaxy watch. After that, you can pair the new smartphone with your Samsung Galaxy smartwatch.
But, if you want to try the other way around, that is, connect multiple Samsung Galaxy smartwatches with a single smartphone, you can do it quite flawlessly. Here is how you can connect a second Samsung Galaxy smartwatch to your smartphone.
- Open the “Galaxy Wearable” app on your phone and swipe right to see the menu
- Alternatively, you can tap on the icon with three parallel lines at the top left corner of the app display
- Find the “Add new device” option and tap on it
- You will be presented with a list of Samsung Galaxy Wearables with all the compatible smartwatches from Samsung (Galaxy watch series, Active Galaxy series, Samsung Gear series)
- Select the wearable or the smartwatch you want to connect and follow the directions on your smartphone to complete the setup
Can Fitbit Watch connect with two smartphones?
Fitbit is a brand that can only be associated with smartwatches and activity trackers. Due to this sheer attention on one kind of product, they have been able to come up with some of the best smartwatches in the market for all types of budgets. Some of the most popular models of smartwatches from Fitbit are –
- Fitbit Sense
- Fitbit Versa 2 and 3
But again, you will be disappointed to know that not even Fitbit watches can connect to two different smartphones simultaneously. The mechanism simply doesn’t allow this, and there is no hack or workaround available for the Fitbit devices to maneuver this trick.
But, you can connect multiple Fitbit devices to a single smartphone. There is a conventional way to do this. So, here is how you can connect more than two Fitbit smartwatches to a single smartphone.
- Go to the Fitbit App on your smartphone
- From there, go to the Account tab and tap on it to open it
- Find “Set up a New Fitbit Device” and tap on it
- From here, follow the instructions on your Phone, and you can connect your second Fitbit to your Phone
Can Garmin Watch Connect with two Phones?
Garmin is another famous brand in the smartwatch industry, and its products are robust, durable, and loaded with tons of features. Some of the popular smartwatches from Garmin are –
- Garmin Venu 2
- Garmin Forerunner 945
- Garmin Instinct Solar
- Garmin Fenix 6
- Garmin Vivoactive 4
Given all the features and sensors, even Garmin doesn’t allow users to connect a single Garmin Smartwatch to two phones simultaneously. However, you can simultaneously add more than two Garmin smartwatches to the same smartphone.
Here is the method to connect two or more Garmin smartwatches to a single smartphone at the same time –
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your phone or mobile
- Go to the Settings menu and tap on Garmin Devices
- From there, tap “Add devices” and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the pairing process of the second Garmin smartwatch
Can you pair two Samsung watches to one Phone?
Yes, it is quite possible, and Samsung allows it to pair two Samsung smartwatches to a single phone at a time. You can go to the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone and start pairing the new device along with the device already paired to the Phone. The smartphone will simultaneously collect the data from both Samsung smartwatches and send it to the Samsung Health App.
Can I pair my child’s Apple Watch with my iPhone?
Yes, Since Apple allows the pairing or connection of multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone at a single time, you can pair your child’s Apple Watch to your iPhone. You can follow the steps provided above, and it should be a flawless process without any issue.
So, the bottom line is that you cannot pair more than one smartphone to your smartwatch at a single time. This might be a good thing for various reasons –
- Mostly, a person carries a single smartphone. If it were possible to connect two smartphones to your smartwatch, there might be a breach of privacy at some point.
- The data syncing will be tedious as the smartwatch would have to send data to two smartphones simultaneously.
But, it is quite a possibility for a person to own more than one smartwatch of the same brand. One may be sporty and durable, while the other can be stylish for more of a formal look. So, it is allowed to connect more than two smartwatches to a single phone at a single time.