If you are looking for a great pair of headphones to use with your smartphone, TV, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device, then JBL headphones should be at the top of your list. With their superior sound quality and ability to be connected to almost any device, they are perfect for listening to music or watching movies on the go. In this ultimate guide, we will show you how to pair JBL headphones with every possible device!
JBL headphones are great for listening to music and their built quality is superb as well. Another aspect of JBL headphones that makes them popular is they can be connected to almost any Bluetooth-enabled device wirelessly ranging from a smartphone to a TV.
In this ultimate guide, you will get to know about every possible device that a pair of JBL headphones can be paired to.
How to Turn ON Pairing Mode on your JBL Headphones
Before you start or turn on the Pairing mode on your JBL Headphones, you will need to power on your JBL Headphones. Make sure that the headphones are charged. Now, you can press the power button for a couple of seconds on the headphones to power it on. You can confirm the same by checking the LED light indicator which lights up White when the headphones are turned on.
Now, to start the pairing mode,
- You will need to turn on the Bluetooth on your JBL Headphones. Normally on JBL Headphones (like JBL TUNE600 BTNC and others), the power button doubles as a Bluetooth button.
- Usually, the other LED indicator starts blinking Blue when the device is ready to pair. And the Blue LED becomes consistent or steady when the JBL Headphones are paired to a device.
- In some JBL headphones and especially speakers, a dedicated Bluetooth button is present.
In case you own a pair of JBL earbuds,
- A dedicated Bluetooth button is not present in most of them. But, you will find another button provided between the Volume rockers (the Volume up and down button).
- You can one of the earbuds in your ear, and press the button for a few seconds.
- You will hear a notification and the JBL earbuds are ready to pair.
The pairing method is always the same regardless of the device you are trying to pair it with. But, the pairing methods for JBL headphones are different for different devices. Let us check them out one by one.
Pair JBL Headphones to iPhone and iPad
Pairing your JBL Headphones with iOS devices like iPhones and iPad is quite simple. All you need to do is make sure that the JBL Headphones are within 33 feet of range from your iPhone or iPad. This will assist in the proper pairing of the device.
Since the User Interface and accessibility features of an iPhone and an iPad are quite similar, you can follow the same instructions for both devices.
On your JBL Headphones:
- Press the Power button for around 2 seconds to power on your JBL Headphones. The LED light given next to the power button will start flashing Blue.
- If it doesn’t turn on that way, you can force start your JBL Headphones by pressing the button given between the volume up and down buttons. Hold the press for a few seconds until the LED indicator starts blinking Blue.
- So, by powering on your JBL Headphones you enable Bluetooth on them. Now move on to your iOS device (iPad or iPhone)
On your iPhone or iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the “Settings” app and tap on Bluetooth Settings
- Toggle ON the Bluetooth on the iOS device and it will scan for available devices around it.
- Your JBL Headphones will be present in the list along with their model number.
- Now, Tap on the name of your JBL Headphones.
- If you are prompted to enter a passcode of your JBL Headphone, it is either “0000” or the one provided in the User Manual.
- Your JBL Headphones will get connected to your iPhone or iPad in a few seconds.
- It will say “Connected”, and your JBL Headphones are now connected to your iPad or iPhone.
- You can take or make calls through your JBL Headphones. To listen to music, there is one final step to complete.
- Find the Airplay icon on the screen of your iPhone or iPad and tap on it. It will open or launch the music app on your iOS device. Tap on any song and it will play the music via your JBL Headphones.
To disconnect, simply turn off your JBL Headphones by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds. Next time, you do not have to repeat the pairing process as both devices will remember each other and will pair automatically, the moment you power on your JBL Headphones and toggle on the Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
Pair JBL Headphones with A Tablet
Pairing JBL Headphones with an Android Tablet is easy. You can follow the step given below to pair your JBL Headphones wirelessly to your Tablet.
- Power on your JBL Headphones and put them in Bluetooth Pairing Mode
- Now, On your tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen for a drop-down menu
- You will see a Bluetooth icon among many other options. Tap on it to turn it on.
- Now, Long tap the Bluetooth icon and it will take you to Bluetooth settings. You can see a list of paired devices. Your tablet will scan for a few seconds to discover other Bluetooth-enabled devices around it.
- Your JBL Headphones will appear in the list of Available devices with their model number.
- Tap on it, and you will be prompted with a notification to pair it with the JBL Headphones
- Tap on the Pair option and within a few seconds, it will show “Connected” beside your JBL Headphones.
- Now, you can play music or make calls via your Tablet through the JBL Headphones.
Pair JBL Headphones to a Laptop
Laptops today come with built-in Bluetooth technology. But, pairing the JBL Headphones with a laptop is a little different than pairing them with a smartphone or a tablet. Though different, it is still a simple process and you will pair your JBL Headphones wirelessly to your laptop in no time.
Follow the steps given below to pair your JBL Headphones with your laptop –
- Click on the Windows icon or press the Windows key from the Keyboard on your Windows laptop.
- Either find the Settings Tab or search for it in the search bar. Once you find it click on it.
- In the Settings Window, select the “Device” settings and you will be given several setting options.
- Choose “Bluetooth and Other Device” from the list.
- Now, Toggle On the Bluetooth and it will turn Blue.
- Next, find the “+” icon saying Add a Bluetooth or other device and click on it
- You will be presented with three or more options. Click on the “Bluetooth” option
- Now, Power on your JBL Headphones and enable the Bluetooth pairing mode so that it can be discovered by your Windows laptop.
- Since the Bluetooth on your laptop is already enabled, it will discover your JBL headphones in a few seconds. When it does, it will display your JBL Headphones in a list along with their model number on your laptop screen.
- Click on your JBL Headphones and the pairing process will start immediately.
- Once the pairing is completed, you will see the “Connected” sign on your laptop screen.
- Now, click “Done” to complete the process.
Once the pairing process is completed, you do not need to pair your JBL Headphones to your laptop next time. The moment you power on your JBL Headphones and enable Bluetooth on your laptop, they will get paired as long as the JBL Headphones are in a reasonable range of the laptop.
Pair JBL Headphones to a Computer (PC)
Modern desktops are capable of Bluetooth connectivity. so you can easily connect your JBL Headphones to those desktops wirelessly the same way you pair them with a laptop.
But, if your desktop doesn’t have an in-built Bluetooth connectivity or related hardware for that, there is a simple way to fix that. And you will be able to pair your JBL Headphones with your computer.
You will need to purchase an external Bluetooth Adapter. A Bluetooth Adapter is an inexpensive device that looks like a pen drive and you can plug it into the USB port of your desktop to make it Bluetooth-capable.
If you are purchasing a Bluetooth Adapter, make sure it supports Bluetooth Version 5.0. This is great good sound quality and stable pairing. But, you can also use Bluetooth 4.0 adapter which will work just fine. Make sure the quality of the Bluetooth adapter is good and not a cheap one.
Follow the steps provided below to pair your JBL Headphones with a computer by using a Bluetooth adapter.
- Connect the Bluetooth Adapter to the USB port on your computer.
- The Bluetooth Adapter will be recognized automatically by your computer. A Bluetooth icon will appear on the right bottom of your PC screen.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon and you will be presented with various options.
- Now, click on the “Add a Bluetooth device” or “Show Bluetooth devices” option
- A window will open pertaining to the Bluetooth menu on your PC Screen
- Power on your JBL Headphones and enable the Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Once you do that, it will appear on a list on your PC.
- Choose your JBL Headphones with the model number and they will get paired o the PC in a few.
- It is done!
Pair JBL Headphones to a TV
This is where JBL Headphones stand out. They are amazing as they provide too many options for pairing and connectivity. You can also connect your JBL Headphones to your TV and listen to TV audio.
The only condition is that your TV should have Bluetooth installed in it to pair with the JBL headphones. However, if you have a smart TV and don’t have Bluetooth onboard, you can still pair it with JBL Headphones using an external adapter.
Pairing JBL Headphones with a TV having built-in Bluetooth
It is very easy to pair your JBL Headphones with a TV that has onboard Bluetooth hardware. Popular TVs that come with built-in Bluetooth are Android TVs and Fire TVs. You can follow the steps given below to pair your JBL headphone with your Bluetooth-enabled TV.
- Power on your JBL Headphones and enable the Bluetooth pairing mode. The blinking blue LED will confirm it.
- Now using the TV remote, open the menu on the screen of your Smart TV.
- On the Menu, go to settings.
- Now find and click on “Bluetooth Settings”
- Next, Scan for nearby available Bluetooth devices. You will see your JBL headphones on the list.
- Select your JBL Headphones from the list. It will take a while and the pairing will be completed in no time.
- You can use either the TV remote or the buttons on the headphones to control the volume.
Pairing Your JBL Headphones with a TV that doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth
For this process, you will need to purchase a Bluetooth Audio Adapter. Bluetooth Audio Adapter is a device that can be connected to a device that will allow it to send sound via Bluetooth wirelessly.
Some of the good-quality Bluetooth Audio Adapters are
- Avantree AudiKast Plus
- Avantree Oasis Plus
- Avantree Orbit
All of these Bluetooth Audio adapters are available on Amazon. Once you get one of those, you can follow the steps given below to complete the pairing of your JBL Headphones with your TV.
- Connect the Bluetooth Audio Adapter to a power source using the Micro-USB cable and also connect it to your TV.
- After that enable Bluetooth by flipping the power switch or any other separate button. (take help from the manual)
- The Bluetooth Audio Adapter will enter into Bluetooth Pairing mode
- Now, power on your JBL Headphones and enable the Bluetooth Pairing mode.
- Keep both devices close and within a few seconds, they will connect automatically.
- The Bluetooth Audio adapter essentially works as a mediator between your TV and your JBL Headphones.
Pairing your JBL Headphones to an Apple Watch
Apple Watch is music-capable and that means you can use your wireless JBL Headphones to listen to your favorite music while you work out or take a walk without using your phone. Here is how you can pair your JBL Headphones with your Apple Watch –
- Turn on your JBL Headphones and enable the pairing via Bluetooth mode
- Now, Go to the settings menu on your Apple Watch
- Once there, scroll down to find Bluetooth Settings and tap on it
- It will search for all the nearby available devices
- Choose your JBL Headphones from the list and wait for a few seconds.
- The pairing process will be complete and you are good to go!
Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Chromebook
Chromebooks are getting popular as easy-to-use laptop-like devices. They can do all the regular chores of a laptop except heavy-lifting jobs like coding and graphics. The form factor and the portability are the major selling points for Chromebook. You can also listen to music wirelessly via your JBL Headphones using your Chromebook.
To pair your JBL headphones to your Chromebook, you can follow the steps given below and you will be good to go in no time.
- Make sure your JBL Headphones are powered on and Bluetooth is enabled
- Now, on your Chromebook, go to the bottom right of the screen and you will see a battery icon. Tap on it.
- It will further open a small menu with various options including Bluetooth
- If Bluetooth is not enabled, enable it by tapping on it
- Now, it will take a while to scan for the available nearby devices. Once the scanning is done, it will provide you with a list of available devices for pairing
- Choose your JBL Headphones from the list and tap on it
- Now, a new window will pop up saying “ Connecting to JBL Headphones”
- After a few seconds, you will hear a confirmation sound and it is done!
Pairing the JBL Headphones to a Macbook
If you want to pair your JBL headphones with a Macbook or an iMac, you will need to follow the same process. Both devices are quite similar in functionality.
To connect your JBL headphones to a Macbook, follow the given instructions.
- On the top left corner of your Macbook screen, click on the Apple Icon
- A list of options will appear. Click on “System Preferences” from the list
- You will find a Bluetooth icon in the list, click on it.
- A pop menu showing the Bluetooth menu will appear next.
- Enable or turn on the Bluetooth. While you are there, check the “Show Bluetooth in the menu bar” option if it’s not checked already.
- Now, make sure your JBL headphones are Bluetooth-enabled for wireless pairing
- The Macbook will discover your JBL headphones and show them on the screen. Click on the “Connect” tab to pair
- The pairing between your Macbook and JBL headphones will be completed within a few seconds.
How to Disconnect JBL Headphones from a Paired Bluetooth Device
If you pair your JBL headphones to another Bluetooth-capable device once, you don’t have to repeat the process as they will pair automatically when both of them are powered on and Bluetooth is toggled on.
But, if you want to unpair or disconnect your JBL headphones from a device so that you can connect them to another Bluetooth-enabled device, you will have to reset your JBL headphones. After resetting, all the info about all the paired devices on the headphones is erased and you will be able to connect or pair it to a new device.
To reset your JBL headphones, follow the instructions given below –
- Power on your JBL headphones
- Now, press both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together or simultaneously for 5 seconds at least.
- Let go of the buttons once you hear a shut-down alert or sound.
- It will power on again with a “powering on” voice notification followed by a pinging sound.
Now, your JBL headphones are restored to their default factory settings and have been disconnected from all the devices it was paired to previously.