If you’re experiencing issues with your Fitbit, don’t worry – you’re not alone! In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the most common problems people experience with their Fitbit and what to do about them. Keep in mind that these are just general tips; if you’re still having trouble after trying these solutions, it’s best to consult the official Fitbit support website.
What is The Lifespan Of Fitbit?
Just like any other piece of technology, your Fitbit will eventually start to show signs of wear and tear.
The good news is that most Fitbits are designed to last for several years – even with regular use.
The average lifespan of this smartwatch is 16 to 18 months, whereas the Fitbit will last 2 to 3 years.
However, there are a few factors that can affect the lifespan of your device, such as:
- How often you use it: If you use your Fitbit every day, it’s going to show signs of wear and tear much sooner than if you only use it occasional
- What activities you use it for: If you predominantly use your Fitbit for high-impact activities like running or CrossFit, it’s going to experience more wear and tear than if you use it for walking or light activity
- How you care for it: If you take good care of your Fitbit, clean it regularly, and don’t expose it to too much dirt or water, it will last longer than if you’re constantly losing it or leaving it in harsh conditions.
What Are The Signs That Your Fitbit Is Dying?
There are a few key signs that your Fitbit is nearing the end of its lifespan. If you notice any of the following problems with your device, it’s probably time to start shopping for a new one:
- When the Battery Turns Off
- The Screen Also Turns Off
- Facing Issues With The Battery Working
- Features And Functions Cease Operation
- The Blaze Of The Fitbit Watch Will Not Work
What Is The Most Common Fitbit Problem?
The most common problem people experience with their Fitbit is that the battery dies too quickly. This can be frustrating, especially if you’re in the middle of a workout and your device cuts out on you.
The following are potential problems you may experience with your Fitbit watch:
- Your watch doesn’t receive notifications from your phone.
- You’re having difficulty charging your watch.
- There are issues with the tap recognition feature on your watch.
- Your watch needs an update but isn’t performing properly after trying to do so.
- The silent alarm function is not working as it should be.”
Why Is My Fitbit Battery Draining So Fast?
- The All-day Sync Feature: One of the main reasons why your Fitbit’s battery might be draining faster than usual is because of the all-day sync feature. This feature allows your device to constantly communicate with the Fitbit servers, which can use up a lot of battery power. If you notice that your battery is draining faster than normal, try turning off the all-day sync feature in the settings menu
- Notifications: Another reason why your Fitbit’s battery might be draining quickly is because of notifications. If you have notifications turned on for your device, every time you receive a notification on your phone, it will also show up on your Fitbit. This can be a great feature if you want to stay connected while working out or doing other activities; however, it can also be a battery drain. If you’re not using the notification feature, we recommend turning it off to conserve battery power.
- Incorrect Time Zone: One final reason why your Fitbit’s battery might be draining quickly is because of an incorrect time zone setting. If your device is set to the wrong time zone, it will constantly try to adjust for the correct time, which can use up a lot of battery power. To fix this problem, simply go into the settings menu and make sure that your device is set to the correct time zone.
- Heart Rate Data: If you’re not using the heart rate data feature, we recommend turning it off to conserve battery power.
- Lots Of Menu Items: If you have a lot of menu items turned on, your Fitbit will use more battery power to display them. We recommend turning off any menu items that you’re not using.
How To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Fitbit?
Even though your Fitbit is designed to last for several years, there are a few things you can do to prolong its lifespan.
Regularly clean your device: One of the best ways to keep your Fitbit in good condition is to regularly clean it. This includes wiping down the casing and band with a damp cloth and removing any dirt or debris from the charging port.
Don’t expose it to extreme temperatures: Another way to keep your Fitbit in good condition is to avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures. This means avoiding leaving it in direct sunlight or in a hot car and not wearing it in the shower or while swimming.
Avoiding contact with water: Water can damage your Fitbit, so it’s important to avoid exposing it to water if possible. If you do get your device wet, make sure to dry it off as soon as possible.
Remove the tracker from the wristband before showering: One final way to keep your Fitbit in good condition is to remove the tracker from the wristband before showering. This will help extend the life of both the tracker and the wristband.
When Should I Purchase A New Fitbit Watch?
If you’re still within your Fitbit’s warranty period, the best thing to do is contact customer support. They might be able to help you troubleshoot the problem. If not, and you’re outside of the warranty period, it might be time for a new watch.
Almost every online watch shop offers the Fitbit watch. So, you can buy this watch from an online shop such as Amazon, eBay, etc.